Friday, September 17, 2010

FAT32 to NTSF?

I hold two hard drives contained by my computer. One is a 40gig and the other is 20 gig. If I revision my primary hard drive (40 gig) to NTFS, do I enjoy to change the other drive as economically? Or should I change them adjectives?

FAT32 to NTSF?

They don't ahve to be the same.



That human being said, NTFS is generally better than FAT, so if you know how, after I would convert both of them.
Windows will read ntfs and fat32. Your fine. You dont have to adjust anything.
you can have one on respectively, but you cant have one on a different dividing wall on the same HDD.
No you do not hold to change them both.

However If you are running window 98 or prior these OS's will be unable to see the NTFS disc.

Personally I'd transmute them both as NTFS allows more security control, but that's me.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

How to Use Convert.exe to Convert a Partition to the NTFS File System
You can do anything you want...but you cannot use Microsoft tools to convert back to Fat32...you would enjoy to use a 3rd party program. If you want to convert your c: drive, jump to a command prompt and type the following:



convert /fs:ntfs c:

No comments:

Post a Comment