Friday, September 17, 2010

External USB Hard Disk Not Recognized?

I am using a work laptop on which i have restricted access. so i couldnt connect my hard disk.i connected once, i could use my notes but nex ttime it failed.



Upon reques to the administrator, i get full access on my dell latitude D 620.

I uninstalled All usb ports from System- Device Manager and rebooted. I connected my hard disk surrounded by every USB Port but i still get error , error installing USB Mass Stoage Hard Wared May not work properly.



This USB External HDD have worked before on my antiquated Dell dim 3000. So i am not sure what the problem is now



I cant format HD fairly i dont want to. Is there any other work around



Any Inputs??

External USB Hard Disk Not Recognized?

Connect the harddrive to a different computer, see if it will work within. If it does, go rear to your laptop, and see if all USB ports enjoy been installed properly again (since you removed them).

If the harddisk isn't identified in another PC any, you're in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment