Friday, September 17, 2010

External Hard Drive Problem?

I enjoy a 200GB Pikaone external hard drive. It used to work fine until just this minute. Now whenever I plug it into a USB port (I have tried this on 3 computers very soon, and still get equal result) and attempt to open/explore the drive (which I have greatly of data stored on it), after clicking it I attain a message saying something similar to this drive has not be formatted yet, do you want to format it?



So, Now I can't access the facts I have on my external frozen drive, and can't use it unless I completly wipe all the notes from it, which I'm not willing to do.



Any thinking on what I can do to fix this?

Also, any ideas on how it could own got into this state contained by the first place?



Any help will be drastically much appreciated.

Thanks in credit.

Dom

External Hard Drive Problem?

Sounds like the profile system was corrupted from conceivably not disconnecting the drive properly. You might have to reformat it. If it detects the drive. Try Start > Run Then type cmd and press enter. Type the following chkdsk drive letter. For example chkdsk C:. There may be software out in attendance to fix it. I'm not familiar near any off the top of my manager.
Ask their customer help techs.



http://www.pikaone.com/en/support/assist...

No comments:

Post a Comment