Friday, September 17, 2010

External Hard Drive generate static electricity?

Should I be concerned if I win a small static shock every time I have my appendage near my external rugged drive? Its a LaCie external hard drive connected by USB and powered by its own separate cord hooked up to my surge protector. I enjoy it sitting on my desk next to my tower. I receive a shock whenever I reach over to grasp a pen from the nearby pencil/pen cup.



If it turns out there's nought to worry just about, I'll just move the pencil/pen cup so I don't get hold of shocked anymore XD

External Hard Drive generate static electricity?

May be a poor ground connection to the ground telecommunication of the power cord.

OR

You are getting alot of static electricity in your body frequently, which your body discharges to that overnight case.
There could be a short in the power cord or something else on your desk. The electricity could arc from doesn`t matter what it is flowing from to your hang and administer you a jolt. I don't dream up static electricity is to blame here unless you have runner under you and you are rubbing your foot on the carpet like mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment