Friday, September 17, 2010

external usb dvd drive?

I own a faulty motherboard which doesnt allow me to attach any IDE connections, I get windows vista and i want to do a fresh insatll, Will my external dvd drive work on a verbs install if the drivers aren't on the pc. Cheers for any info

external usb dvd drive?

yes it should, but why not only just buy a PCI IDE controller card with the IDE connections on it?
Yes, since your MB will not allow IDE connections using the drive externally as a USB it will work purely fine, remember to install the software for the drive.
I take it you are loading to an internal SATA drive firm drive. Yes, you can install from an external DVD drive just fine as long as your motherboard bios detects the drive. If not, try a bios update. Also, you still select contained by your bios to boot from DVD/CD drive first.
If your motherboard is faulty, you should buy a latest one, that will fail and won't work anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment