Friday, September 17, 2010

External Hard Disk Space Not Recognised?

Having have looked at some of the other questions around here, I know what the answer most would conjecture is to my question (i.e. Binary to Metric conversion) but tolerate with me:



I am man told now by my XPSP2 laptop that my 232GB External Hard Drive have no free space left to copy into. Yet it also detects nearly 100GB free, and in attendance is 132GB of space currently being used. Surely this can't be put down to purely partition table. What's going on? What can I do to fix this?

External Hard Disk Space Not Recognised?

Hi. If the drive is new (no notes on it), try a format. I assume you have it plugged into a USB 2.0 port.
Windows XP with the sole purpose recognizes, 137GB of HD space.

No comments:

Post a Comment